Monday, November 8, 2010

My Ah Ha! Moment

How many of you had an "AH HA!" moment when you discovered you were a Witch?  

I most certainly did.  I was looking up some Witchy groups online for someone I knew when I found links to all kinds of info about what Witches were and the Goddess.  I had asked and asked for this info from the person I knew who claimed they were a Witch, but they never would share any information with me, only whispered "oath bound" and that being oath bound they could not tell me anything about witchcraft, Witches, how or who they worshiped, but if I wanted to join, they would take me to a meeting.... ???? LOL  

Anyway, when I found this WORLD of information (ok, mainly about Wicca, but not solely about Wicca) I was amazed, in awe, and felt like I was finally coming home!!!!!!!!!  Like a door had opened to my long lost home and family, and all I had to do was walk in and be embraced!!!!  

So I did... 

And once I did, I never, EVER looked back on my old life!  I felt as if tons, TONS of bricks had fallen from my HEART and I was finally FREE!!!  I felt a joy like no other, and a certainty I had never known before. 

With tears in my eyes, I found a white cup I filled with salt, white container of water, a candle, and immediately dedicated myself to the Goddess.  

I became what I always truly had been in my soul, a daughter of the Goddess!  

I walked away from the depressing chains and labels my old religion had given me: silent handmaiden, help meet, subordinate one.  

I became POWERFUL, FREE, ABLE TO BE LOVED, ACCEPTED, ACKNOWLEDGED AS INTELLIGENT, COMPETENT just for being ME.  I no longer needed any one's approval to be worthy, why should I?  I WAS A CHILD OF THE GODDESS!!!  And she shared her power with me, I didn't have to report to any man, or any priest to ask for favor or forgiveness.  

I have had more "Ah Ha" moments in my life, but none as trans-formative as this one.

Each day I continue to learn and grow, and each day suffer less from those who would see me powerless and tied to another for my worth, I refuse to allow it, and refuse to act contrite with those who seek to see me or others in such positions of being less than any other person or thing.  

Blessings to those who have shared my "AH HA" moment, both on their own, and now reading this, may Goddess bless you in every way.

No comments:

Post a Comment